Friday, October 31, 2008

making headway


This is just one of many scannography images I put together today for the festival. I started thinking Christmas - I can't believe I had left that out of the mix of images to offer - especially for cards. I got inspired when I found my box of stamps I had been collecting for years and years. I had a real collection of stamps when I was a child - you know the kind you send for from all over the world and put in a book? I don't know where that collection is now, but the ones I do have are the ones I've actually received on letters, some from other countries like Germany, France and England, and of course many Christmas stamps.


You can't imagine how excited I was to find these. You should see all the different "love" design stamps I have. Letters in the mail are rare these days much less with decorative stamps on them. Does anyone else save the stamps off of their letters?

5 comments:

NOVEMBER IS said...

great work Leslye ~ i bet you are both energized and tired! I know you feel better after getting alot done ~great idea with the stamps ~ blessings my friend

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

I save mine if they are cool!

spread your wings said...

Thank you Elk. I wasn't sure who "november is" was. I thought I had a new visitor and she was already calling me by name.

robinbird said...

i am one of those who regret not saving if i don't and wonder why i saved something if i do...

the scannography (great word) is fantastic!!!

Lemon Dingo said...

Your image is wonderful...it would be terrific for a Christmas card. I am not a stamp collector but we have quite the currency collection...different coins and and bills from the places we have travelled to all over the world. They would make for a fun subject to photograph